ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (RN or LPN)
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (RN or LPN)
PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of your position is to provide customers (prospective residents and theirfamiliesand referralsources)with facilityand programspecificinformationvia communityoutreach and networking; facility tours; personal visits; presentations and follow-up activities.Customers served by this position include prospective residents and their families, medicalprofessionals and referral sources, community members, and facility staff. The AdmissionsCoordinator also directs the admissions process and insures appropriate placement, bed management,and coordinates admissions documentation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform.Even though your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline ascomplete as possible. HOWEVER, we must emphasize that you MAY be required to performother related duties and activities.
- Regular attendance with flexible hours as admissions responsibilities dictate
- Responsible for receiving referrals and inquiries from hospitals, families, and other referral sources, giving tours, handling the admissions process according to company procedures. Comply with and maintain current information on state and federal requirements for admission
- Conduct pre-admission evaluations whenever necessary either independently or in conjunction with a designated facility representative to insure appropriate placement of the patient or resident.
- Make person-to-person calls outside the facility to insurance, financial, legal and medical professionals, senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, assisted living facilities, hospital discharge planners, and other community contacts. Develop and maintain relationships and advise them of bed availability, new products and services, and other pertinent information.
- Alert appropriate department managers and facility team of projected admissions, bed changes, and discharges. Report information in daily facility meeting. Maintain a close working relationship with the admissions team to assure appropriate and efficient decisions about prospective admissions. When admission determinations are made, work with team on appropriate room and bed selection.
- Coordinate pre-admission conference.
- Coordinate admissions paperwork and obtain signatures from patients and/or responsible parties prior to admission in a manner consistent with state & federal regulations. Communicate special needs of new admissions to staff to ensure an efficient admission. Communicate admissions decision in a timely manner to referral source (usually within one hour) in a timely manner. Refer denials to appropriate sister facilities as necessary. Report denials to Regional Vice President of Operations as directed.
- Train and coordinate appropriate staff to serve as backup for admissions team members when Admissions Coordinator is unavailable and to allow for 24-hour admissions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal and state regulations and reimbursement issues. Provide assistance with new employee orientations as these topics as well as the admissions process and customer service. Obtain appropriate financial information prior to the admission based on input from Administrator, Business Office, and Regional Marketing Director.
- Monitor inquiry, admissions, and census trends. Maintain Referral Log and other reports as required.
- Document daily census accurately and transmit to Corporate Office daily as instructed.
- Maintain a database of medical contacts and community resources along with knowledge of industry trends and legislative and regulatory issues. Communicate this information to facility staff and community contacts
- Monitor and evaluate customer satisfaction including referral sources
- Serve as a member of committees whose purpose is to enhance resident and community relations; attend census management meetings; assist in implementation of marketing plans
- Develop and implement special events and presentations targeted at community education, establishing and maintaining status for the facility as the expert on nursing home care in the community. Serve as the community resource and maintain contacts for information exchange.
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrator
Grantsbrook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Grantsbrook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Grantsbrook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Grantsbrook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.